This is Husky TV

This part of Husky Bytes is a work in progress. Hopefully, it will grow to become a feature of our technology integration efforts here at Harrison Elementary.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Read the EdTech Times - A Daily Magazine about Educational Technology

Nancy Rooker recently asked me where I get my ideas for technology integration.  My answer is really quite simple.  I use Twitter.  Currently, I am following more than 600 teachers, administrators, and consultants from every level of education.  They post their ideas, successes, failures, and dreams in short bursts of 140 characters.  I find them by using hashtags like #edcur, #edtech, #edchat, #sped, and more.  I look at who is making active contributions and I choose to follow them.

I just put a link on this blog to the EdTech Times, a magazine created from gleaning the blogs and other writings of the people I follow on Twitter.  The magazine is published free for me and for others who choose to use the services of PaperLi, the company that aggregates the information.  The articles you read here are fresher than any newspaper.  They are the gleanings of some of the best people who are passionate about teaching, learning, and technology.  You won't agree with everything you read.  Neither do I, but they will make you think.  They will help you fight complacency and challenge you to move outside the boxes that are either created for us or created by ourselves.  Just perhaps, they will validate what you are doing and encourage you to continue making a difference in the lives of your students.

If you would like to know more about Twitter and creating your own magazine, please let me know.  

Thanks,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment